How to Engage Virtually at the Rubin 2022 PCW
Virtual participation in the 2022 PCW is being offered on a best-effort basis and depends on the quality of the hotel wifi. Provided that the internet quality of the venue allows it, and that session chairs design their breakout sessions to support virtual participation, the following is a summary of what virtual participation might include.
1. Register for free
- General registration closed on Wednesday 3rd August. If an exceptional circumstance prevented you from registering please contact us.
- Accept the invitation to join the Rubin2022_PCW Slack space.
- Invitations will be sent to all registered participants by early August.
- Join the channels for all the plenaries and breakout sessions you’re interested in.
- Watch the daily live-streamed plenary sessions (platform TBD).
- Ask questions via the plenary live-stream chat feature.
- Engage in plenary-related discussion in the Slack space.
- If unable to join live, watch the recorded plenary.
- Don’t forget about the Breakout Summaries plenary on Friday!
4. Breakouts offering virtual participation
- Join the sessions in Dove Mountain Ballroom and/or Tortolita A, the two remote-enabled rooms, for which the session chair has agreed to support remote participation (i.e., “hybrid” sessions).
- Check the agenda to confirm whether the session supports virtual participation, and to obtain the remote connection link.
- This is on a best-effort basis, provided the hotel wifi holds out.
5. All breakouts
- View the contributed slide decks, which session chairs will aim to have uploaded to the session webpage before the session starts.
- Engage in breakout-related discussion in the session’s Slack channel.
- Some session chairs might post notes from the session afterwards, either to the session webpage or to the Community Forum.
6. Virtual Asynchronous "Rubin Research Bytes"
- A venue for virtual asynchronous contributions is available for all to use.
- E.g., pre-recorded flash talks, poster PDFs, short slide decks, or plots about Rubin-releated work or reasearch.
7. Community Forum
- Start a conversation on any topic by posting in the “Rubin PCW 2022” category of the Rubin Community Forum.
8. Group Photo
- Be a part of the group photo by submitting your photo here.