The Dark Energy Spectroscopic Instrument (DESI): LSST Synergies
DESI is and will remain the most competitive instrument for large-scale spectroscopic surveys for the remainder of this decade, and the DESI survey is by far the largest wide-area spectroscopic survey ever done. This session will present and discuss how the DESI observations that will help to realize the primary science goals of the LSST, and the options and advantages of coordinating surveys to enhance the science goals of each. All are welcome to participate. To volunteer to present in this session, please contact the session chair(s).
- Overview of DESI and plans for DESI-II - Julien Guy
- The DESI-II LBG survey - Anand Raichoor
- Rubin x DESI Cross Correlation Science - Joseph DeRose
- DESI Redshifts and Rubin LSST Transients - Segev BenZvi
- DESI and LSST: Milky Way Science - Connie Rockosi
Please enter the agenda item in the “Subject” field, choose your file, and click save.