Exploring the Solar System with Rubin EPO - Part 1
Come to get an overview of the new Surveying the Solar System investigation, and all of the related teaching resources on the education pages of the new Rubin website. We will also preview supporting materials that can be used from the main Rubin website, such as videos and staff profiles.
Most of this session unpacks how to prepare for and use the Solar System investigation. We will begin first with exploring the phenomenon, the teacher guide, and learning how to navigate through the investigation.
In Part 2 of this workshop, participants will have extended time to engage in working through the Solar System investigation.
Introduction - 10 mins
- Workshop goals
- Working documents: Personal Implementation Plan and workshop links
An Overview of the Rubin Education Program - 30 mins
- Program design
- Audience, translation, production timeline
- Components of an investigation
- Accessing the investigations and materials
- A preview of the new website features
Investigation Warm-ups - 30 mins
- Navigating an investigation
Discusssion and planning - 20 mins
- Work on implementation plan
Please enter the agenda item in the “Subject” field, choose your file, and click save.