Science Communication and Media Training
Whether it is across a collaboration, at a conference, to the media, or to your friend, making your story and your work understandable to others is important in achieving your goals. Communicating complex ideas does not come naturally to everyone, but is a skill that can be developed with a few basic tips and a little practice.
- Greetings, introductions, motivation (5 min)
- Audience Poll (5 min): "Imagine you have been asked to be interviewed by media about something you are working on. What is important to you about your interaction with the media?"
- Debrief on Poll results (5 min)
- Amanda presents material (tips and tricks) on Science Communication and Media Training (30 min)
- Group activity doing partnered mock interviews of each other (10 min)
- Moderated Mock Interview (10 min)
- Group Reflections/Discussion (15 min)
For questions or suggestions or contributions, please contact the Head of EPO Amanda Bauer, email@example.com @astropixie