Blending Workshop 5 - Tools and Data Sets for Developing and Evaluating Algorithms for Blended Objects
This session is dedicated to a discussion and comparison of current or planned tools that ingest real data (e.g., images from space, convolved with a ground-based PSF) or simulations, or embed simulated objects in real data, to provide training or test data sets for developing and evaluating algorithms to deal with blended objects.
AGENDA - As well as an overview of real or simulated data sets, we will hear about a few specific illustrative examples.
All presentations are in the single set of attached slides.
1. Combining existing space & ground imaging - overview - Harry Ferguson
- Example: HST/HSC - Will Dawson
2. Catalog-based simulations - two blending-analysis examples.
3. Pixel-level simulation tool kits -
- Example 1: Weak Lensing Deblending package - David Kirkby
- Example 2: Blending Tool Kit - Sowmya Kamath
- Example 3: Chromatic Real Galaxy - Sowmya Kamath
4. Generative models for simulation - overview & examples - David Kirkby
5. Simulations embedded in real data -
- Example: Balrog (Dark Energy Survey) - Eric Huff
Discussion and planning.
Google doc for scribe notes (key findings, next steps, actionable items).
Session organisers: Pat Burchat and David Kirkby.