LSST Observing Strategy: Status and Planning Session
The project team has been busy flexing the scheduler to create new simulations based on guidelines from the SAC (and based on the Survey Strategy Whitepapers submitted last November). We will present some of the early results of this process, with several new simulations including rolling cadence simulations. We will talk about the plan for further survey strategy work up to the early 2020 deadline to pass these survey strategy evaluations over to the SCOC (the “Survey Cadence Optimization Committee”, a community-based committee set up by the LSST Operations Director). The process of working through the various ‘families’ of survey strategies is an iterative one with necessary intermediate feedback from the science community. While this process will have begun by August and has a strong online component, we will also use this opportunity to have face-to-face discussion as well.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to contribute to this session.
- Summary of SAC recommendations, quick description of existing runs, please also see the update with run information on community.lsst.org -- https://community.lsst.org/t/july-2019-update/3760/3
- survey simulation plans and release of analysis write ups
- timeline for rest of simulation work and handoff to SCOC
- updated baseline description
- basic characteristics
- description of new scheduler behavior (blob, greedy, scripted) compared to old behavior
Deep Drilling changes